Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: See you later TUBBY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UKCATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2005
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    See you later TUBBY

    I think that this is it for Tubby. Since he has been at UK he has not recruited anybody hardly. He is getting all the blame for this bad year, but nobody on the team is a true leader, someone has to step up or they maybe playing in the NIT.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: See you later TUBBY

    You know what's sad is that I heard rumor that Bernie Bickerstaff got asked about hiring Tubby after this season to come coach the Charlotte Bobcats. I don't see how Tubby could get fired from UK, and then receive an offer for a coaching gig in the NBA...that'd be nuts.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: See you later TUBBY

    Big difference is he wouldnt have to recruit, that would be up to the general manager. Im not sure how good of an X's and O's coach Tubby is, but I just dont see Kentucky as being all that talented.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member slayer44's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2005
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: See you later TUBBY

    i heard Tubby is out and Pitino is coming back,

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mm38nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: See you later TUBBY

    I might have to start liking KY again if Pitno comes back...I also might be divorced seeing how I'm married to a big diehard Duke fan [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...I'll have to see it to believe Pitno will be back...Being from KY people there were pretty upset that he left... Especially Lexington they were really P'd...But if I had the choice he made, I would of done the same...I mean that is what he wanted, to coach pro ball...I know one thing I'll just be happy to see Tubs go [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]...
    [img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/bostonkisses/snapshot.jpg[/img]


    [url="http://www.thepinksquirrel.com"]http://www.thepinksquirrel.com[/url]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: See you later TUBBY

    there's no possible way any person "in the know" had heard Pitino was coming back...for one, it would violate a contract for UK to be shopping around on Tubby without him knowing, and when names like Pitino and Tubby Smith are involved it would be hard to keep something like that from the media

    with that said, i think UK goes after Pitino hard in the offseason
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •